2 for 1, Dualwatch receive
Until the IC-R20, the capability of monitoring two frequencies required two radios.
Whether you need to monitor local public safety, air traffic control, or at the
track listening to two drivers, even the play by play from both the local TV and
radio station is possible!
See specifications for actual frequency
ranges for Dual-watch receive.
Shortwave to microwave, Wideband coverage
The IC-R20 covers 150kHz to 3304.999MHz* in
SSB, CW, AM, FM and WFM modes. This covers AM/FM radio and TV broadcasts, wireless
communications for boaters, aviation, conventional public safety and many other
* Depending on version, U.S.A. version is cellular blocked.
4-hour digital recorder
The IC-R20 has an internal 32MB digital recorder capable of storing received communications.
This feature is useful in a variety ways, like recording a wireless microphone audio
at a meeting. There is also a USB port to download to a computer for storage or
to forward to a friend.
PC playback not possible
CTCSS, DTCS tone signaling
When multiple users share the same channel, these users use specialized signaling
to reduce interference from other users. The two popular signaling formats, CTCSS
and DTCS are standard in the IC-R20. Tone scan is also possible.
Alphanumeric memory channels
With 1,000 regular memory channels, 200 automatic memory scan channels and 25 pairs
of frequency scan edges, the IC-R20 makes it easy to identify received signals with
the capability of programming a name to each channel.
11 hours of continuous receive*
Icom’s energy efficient design allows the IC-R20 11*
hours of continuous reception from the internal Li-Ion battery pack. Also, the IC-R20
can operate with 3 AA Alkaline cells, or longer operation as well as charging the
internal battery pack is possible from either an optional cigarette lighter cable
or the supplied AC adapter.
* Single receive in FM mode, at Max. AF audio.
* The IC-R20 Sport is the version sold in the US. The BP-206 is an option.
See your signals
Sometimes hearing a signal is not enough, so the IC-R20 includes a band scope. The
bandscope enables you to see signals around a monitored frequency. An additional
function of the bandscope is the ability to hear the signal while sweeping a range,
so you can see if the signal is modulated.
The IC-R20 is Icom’s fastest receiver with 100*
channels per second scanning speed. You can tag memory channels into dynamic banks,
ranging from Max. 100 channels per bank (Max. 26 banks) as well as link multiple
banks for customized memory bank scanning. Additionally, the IC-R20 offers multiple
scanning controls such as scan delay, scan resume for received signal notification.
* In VFO mode.
- VSC (Voice Squelch Control) opens the squelch only when a modulated signal is detected.
- Offset monitor capability for semi-duplex channel monitoring
- Auto squelch and squelch monitor capability
- Built-in attenuator and RF gain control
- Noise blanker, ANL (Auto Noise Limiter), AF filter
- AFC (Auto Frequency Control) function
- CI-V PC remote control capability with optional CT-17
- Built-in ferrite bar antenna for AM broadcast
- FM earphone cord antenna capability
- Dial speed-up function
- Auto power off and power save functions
- Key lock function
- Rotary selector and up/down buttons are reversible
- Weather channel and weather alert*
* U.S.A. version only
- Preprogrammed with TV and popular shortwave channels