Read the Practial Sailor Review of the M504A here!
Click the image to view the PDF review.
*Compatible with the New MA500TR – Class B AIS Transponder
Learn more about the MA500TR here.
Compliant to new FCC Class D DSC Regulations
Learn how to register your DSC radio
- Escalating DSC Alarm
- An on/off switch for the radio to automatically switch to
channel 16 when a DSC call is made
- 2 receivers, one for the radio and one to monitor channel 70
for DSC full time
IPX8 Submersible PLUS (1.5m depth for 30 minutes)
The IC-M504A withstands submersion in up to 1.5m depth of water for 30 minutes. It
is equivalent to the IPX8 standard. All products are rigorously checked to pass
the quality test at the factory.
Large LCD with dot-matrix characters
The IC-M504A has a 168-character, full-dot matrix display that allows you to easily
view a variety of information, such as GPS data, DSC emergency data, etc. The large
buttons and knobs provide user-friendly operation.
ITU Class D DSC
The IC-M504A has built-in Class D DSC, which enables you to constantly monitor channel
70. This functionality provides users at sea with the peace of mind that they can
call for help by pressing the “Distress” button if the need arises.
Position Request and Position Report
Over and above the DSC, your own and other ships’ position data can be exchanged
with the position request or position report functions. The received position information
can be transferred to external navigation equipment*.
In addition, the polling (request/ reply) function checks whether a specific ship
is within the communications range.
* External GPS receiver and navigation equipments which accept
NMEA 0183 format are required.
Superior receiver performance
The IC-M504A has excellent receive specifications of 80dB (typical) for intermodulation
rejection, adjacent channel selectivity, and 0.22µV (typical) high sensitivity.
The IC-M504A’s superior receiver provides excellent resistance to intermodulation
and allows you to catch a weak signal between strong stations.
Excellent audio output power
The extra large speaker is mounted into a well spaced housing, producing greater
sound than the specified 4.5W output power. You can get clear and loud reception
without requiring repetition of the message, even over the engine or other background
25W hailer/RX speaker and auto foghorn
When connected to a hailer horn or external speaker on the deck or tower, you can
make an announcement on-board from the microphone. The RX speaker function, “receiver-repeater”,
allows you to monitor the received audio. Four foghorn patterns are also available
for the automatic foghorn.
Rear panel microphone version*
With this version, the microphone connector is drawn from the rear panel and a 6.1m
(20ft) microphone extension cable is supplied to allow you clean and neat panel
* Ask your dealer for details
- Dual/tri-watch function for monitoring Ch.16 and/or call channel
- Instant access to Ch. 16 and call channel
- 7 levels adjustable backlit display and keypad
- Convenient “TAG” scanning function with simple add/delete
- Optional Voice Scrambler, UT-112 for private communication
- Weather channels with weather alert function
- Black or gray color versions
Optional fully integrated COMMANDMICΙΙΙ™
Full control 2nd station capability
The COMMANDMICΙΙΙ™ is a remote control for the IC-M504A that may be positioned up
to 18.3m (60ft) away from the IC-M504A. All M504A functions, including distress call,
DSC, and foghorn, are available. The COMMANDMICΙΙΙ™ may also be used as an intercom
with the IC-M504A.
Multi function "Jog" dial
A newly designed multi function Jog dial gives you quick and easy access to many
M504A settings, including operating channel, volume, squelch, menu settings and more.
- Full dot-matrix LCD with 7-step
- 2.8W (typical) external speaker terminal
- Submersible PLUS (1.5m depth
for 30 minutes)
- Extra large 45mm (d) speaker for superior audio