Tough construction, superior waterproofing
The IC-M88 is built tough to withstand hazardous and inhospitable environments at
sea and on land. Even if the IC-M88 is dropped into water, complete waterproofing* will protect it from harm. The compact and durable
body has been tested to the military specifications (MIL-STD).
* Equivalent to JIS waterproof grade 7. (1m depth for 30 minutes)
6 clearly labelled buttons on the front panel and the volume/power knob maximize
simplicity of operation. Even when wearing gloves, the large buttons are easy to
operate. A large, clear LCD with backlighting and backlit buttons make night time
Li-Ion battery for extra long battery life
With the standard 1700mAh Li-Ion battery pack, the BP-227, you can get up to 15
hours of talk time* without worrying about ‘memory
effect’ on batteries. An optional AA alkaline battery case, BP-226, provides a convenient
back up and great reassurance in an emergency.
* Typical operation; Tx:Rx:Stand-by duty ratio = 5:5:90
Waterproof speaker-microphone, HM-168
An optional waterproof speaker-microphone, the HM-168, provides
reliable operation, even with the M88 securely on your belt.
22 programmable channels for land use
The IC-M88 has 22 programmable channels reserved for Land use (146–174MHz). Wide/narrow
channel spacing is programmable for each channel, and CTCSS and DTCS signaling is
*Appropriate license will be required.
- Auto WX scan and WX Alert function (U.S.A. version only)
- Simple Up/Down switches for operating channel selection
- Instant access to Ch. 16 and Ch. 9 (or call channel)
- Simple add/delete TAG scanning operation
- Powerful 5W output
- 2 step power saver
- 4 level battery indicator
- The self check function checks internal temperature, connected battery voltage (over
voltage detection), and water intrusion