Slim, hourglass body
and wide viewing angle LCD
The M73 has a stylish, ergonomic design. A durable and rugged body provides for user-friendly operation and long life. A wide viewing angle, high
intensity LCD offers bright, easy to read characters.
IPX8 Submersible Plus™
The M73 continues to offer Icom’s best waterproof protection. The radio has been tested to survive after being submersed in 1.5m (4.9ft) depth of water
for 30 minutes.
700mW Loud audio
The M73 uses a BTL (bridge-tied load) amplifier that doubles the audio output. Its internal speaker delivers a loud 700mW audio output with clear sound.
6W RF Output power
The M73’s 6 Watts of transmit power will provide extended communication range for the user. A large capacity Lithium-Ion battery allows for 16 hours of
operation, under normal conditions*.
*Typical operation with 5:5:90 duty ratio. 18 hours for basic version.
Active noise cancelling technology
The built-in bidirectional active noise cancelling reduces background noise to up to 90% and improves both your transmitted voice and
incoming call. You will hear better and clearer!
Bass boost function
The signal processing technology emphasizes low-pitched sound to provide a rich bass sound for both transmit and receive signals.
Last call voice recording
The last call voice recording function automatically saves the last incoming call for 1 minute. You can also start recording manually.
You will not miss an important call.
M73 and M73PLUS
Additional features include
- AquaQuake™ water draining function
- Dual/Tri-Watch function for monitoring Channel 16 and/or call channel
- 4 level battery indicator
- Favorite channel and tag scan functions
- Rapid desktop charger, BC-210, and cigarette lighter cable, CP-25H, are supplied
- Optional waterproof speaker-microphones, HM-167 and HM-202
- Auto power save function
- Basic version (no voice recorder, no noise canceller and no bass boost function) available for limited markets.