Icom changed the way hams think about mobile HC communication in 1995 with the introduction of the IC-706. Since then, the Icom Mobile HF radios have been the Performance HF mobile radio of choice. At the 2012 Tokyo Hamfair, Icom once again changed mobile HF communications by introducing the IC-7100. The ease of operation with fingertip control utilizing the intuitive touch screen interface with the power of 32-bit IF DSP.
||Triple conversion superhetrodyne
Touch screen interface
The angled radio control head features a large, multi-function, "touch screen"' dot-matrix LCD display that is positioned for easy view and operation. It also allows you to operate it while wearing gloves. The control head’s rear panel includes an internal speaker plus jacks for external speaker/headphones, CW key and microphone.
The innovative touch screen interface provides quick operation for setting and editing various functions and memories. Just tap the frequency, mode, filter, function etc, and quickly navigate through the changes you want. Additionally, the touch screen also allows you to input alphanumeric characters for call signs or memory channels.
The IC-7100 provides D-STAR DV mode digital voice and low speed data communications. Add a third party GPS* and search the internal database based on your location. Additionally, the IC-7100 incorporates DR mode, which allows the user to control their D-STAR routing based on where they are talking “FROM” and where they want to talk
"TO", including Reflector controls.
*External GPS receiver or manual data input required.
Digital features controlled by the IF DSP
A high-performance 32-bit floating point IF DSP delivers rich digital signal processing features, including digital IF filter, digital twin PBT, noise reduction, CW auto tune, etc. Those digital features work on all bands from HF to V/UHF bands.
- Built-in SD card slot for voice storage and data cloning
- Built-in RTTY demodulator and decoder
- CW full break-in, CW receive reverse, CW auto tuning
- Band scope and SWR graphic display
- RF speech compressor controlled by the DSP
- Voice memory function
- Multi-function Meter
- 495 regular, 4 call, 6 scan edge and 900 DR mode repeater channels
- 4 channels TX voice memories
- ±0.5ppm frequency stability
- Auto reply function in D-STAR DV mode
- Digital callsign squelch and digital code squelch in D-STAR DV mode
- 12.5kHz IF output for DRM (Digital Radio Mondiale) receive
- DSP controlled AGC function loop