Icom America Careers
Quality Assurance Manager
||Quality Assurance Manager
||Sr. Engineering Manager
The Quality Assurance Manager is the primary resource and focus for quality improvements throughout Icom America. His/her expertise and persuasive argument capabilities will help all departments in their efforts to improve quality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use quality engineering principles to aid in the development of quality designs in the IA Engineering department and aid the Production and Service departments in their efforts to enhance product/service quality.
- Develop and implement problem detection systems in product development, production and service departments.
- Monitor the performance of the product design-quality systems.
- Solve problems that affect quality and reliability.
- Provide customer/vendor and management interface on quality, process and reliability problems.
- Lead the cross-departmental Continuous Improvement Team (CIT).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
3-5 years of applicable experience
Experience with DO-178B or C is required.
Experience with Statistical Quality Control is required.
Experience with quality assurance of embedded
firmware for commercial RF products in the HF/VHF/UHF regions and
Windows-based PC software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and tenacious follow through are necessary.
- Requires initiative, assertiveness and ability to make decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural team environment and with people with whom English is a second language.
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering, Physics, or related field.